I started this blog with the hopes of writing at least once per week. (Blasted goals!)
It's now Sunday night, and it's been a whole week. Thing is, I've really got nothing to write about...zero, zip. I've been sick for almost a week now, probably with something akin to the flu (I'm not so sure a cold could actually suck this bad). I'd like to think this weekend was highly productive, but it wasn't. I sat around, finished two books, made food for the fam, and ate (candy, mostly...OK, I wasn't that bad, I kept it under 10 pieces).
There was one BIG moment that will mark this weekend. Are you ready?
We finally took away my son's pacifier. YES, he IS 3 (just turned, in our defense??). It really was time. I would love to tell you he was ready, but it would be a huge lie. I think he could have sucked on that thing for naps and nighttime for another 5 years. His "bubs" (short for "bubba") as we like to call them, have always been a part of his life. He has never gone one whole day without them...ever. So yes, this was a VERY difficult thing. I tried to make it "fun!", but really, how fun can it be losing your best friend? We gathered them up and put them in his Easter basket. We then preceded to tell him how the Easter bunny, with the help of the "Bub-fairy", would take them around to all of the little babies that REALLY need them. The "Bub-fairy", (yes, I know I'm riding a fine line making up yet ANOTHER fictional character), left him quite a few toys and after a long, hard night, they were very welcomed.
Here is a picture of Aiden enjoying these "bubs" (old school, and camping at that).
As I sit here and type, he is ferociously crying while Marc is attempting to sooth him to sleep (yeah, it's not really working). Sometimes this job is quite hard. But I will not be broken, I refuse (notice, I'm NOT in the room. YES, I am a wimp!). So we will have to endure these cries. I just wonder for how long?
I do plan to do pictures soon. My camera is almost 7 years old, (THAT'S old in camera years) and not really functioning well. So I'll try to get on that...sooner rather than later.
On another random note (randomness is kind of my thing), I found a really COOL new (for me) Pandora station. If you don't use Pandora, you should. I've been singing its praises for years now. I'm not even mad they're making me pay these days (because I ALWAYS max out mid month. .99, for the rest of the month is a fair price to pay though). Anyway, back to this station. Her name is Joanna Newsom, you should check her out. Different, but different is good.
~Annie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Annie
- Las Crappy Vegas, Nevada, United States
- My husband Marc and I live in fabulous Las Vegas with our 3 year old little boy, Aiden. I am currently taking time off from work as a pilot to stay at home with my child and enjoy being a mother. I love the outdoors and everything that nature has to offer. I would describe myself as independent, slightly hyperactive, free spirited and loving. I am a free and independent thinker and don't like to be told what to do.
he is sooo stinken cute! I love it. So glad your blogging again! I got the book you sent me, I'm so excited to read it. I just have to finish "Percy Jackson" first. :) Thank You! Thank You!
ReplyDelete