I now remember why I was sucessful at posting to my old blog. I was working on my masters degree, and was supposed to be writing papers, so instead, I blogged. It was genius! Now that I'm all done with that, I don't feel that sense of procrastination. Until today... It's Saturday and Marc is working. I have a crap load of things that I must accomplish., all on my own, but instead...I think I'll blog.
So the other day, Aiden grabbed a hold of our super old and falling apart camera. Seriously, it's like a zillion years old and VERY fragile. Instead of taking it away, I just let him play, and it gave me an idea. He's only 3, but what if I bought him a camera, something stable, yet fun enough that he just might use it...a lot! I could then see the world through his eyes!! Have you ever noticed that children see things that we could never see. Like the pattern in the background, or shapes, or lines that you could not, or would not ever see because you're too darn busy? I think this is all very interesting. We could all learn so much from our children, yet we are always so focused on teaching THEM. Here are a few of the pictures he took (I'll even include his first, it's very fuzzy), just so you could see that his skills progressed. They were mostly of the dog, me and random objects in the room, but I think he got some good practice. There are a few others that I shot just to note the moment.
This was his very first pic. Why yes, I do look funny, thank you for noticing, ha ha!!
A random pile of books (common site in my room)
We need to work on lighting and the shadows, but there ya go, a little bit more in focus...
Now I took this next one, but I had to add it, because I just think my son has the cutest face in this picture...I know, that's what all moms say :) (NOTE: I think his pictures actually turned out better than mine!!)
I'll be getting him that new camera soon. Looking forward to the pictures he will take of the world.
~Annie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Annie
- Las Crappy Vegas, Nevada, United States
- My husband Marc and I live in fabulous Las Vegas with our 3 year old little boy, Aiden. I am currently taking time off from work as a pilot to stay at home with my child and enjoy being a mother. I love the outdoors and everything that nature has to offer. I would describe myself as independent, slightly hyperactive, free spirited and loving. I am a free and independent thinker and don't like to be told what to do.
i just erased a zillion pics of the ceiling and my 2 year olds nostrils from my camera....and laughed while doing it :)
ReplyDeleteHes a little photographer in the making. cute stuff.